Top 4 Best Hair Clippers for Your Dog
“We love our dogs. We want the best for them. But looking for the best dog clipper that suits our dog may not be that easy. There are many things that we have to consider before grabbing one in the shelf that looks good in the eye. We have reviewed some of the best dog clippers available today, providing features and reasons why customers like them. Most important in looking for the best dog clipper is you find one that you feel comfortable for you and your dog. By doing the trimming by yourself strengthen the love between you and your dog and that’s all that matters for a healthy man-dog relationship.”
Top Considerations in Selecting the Best Dog Clipper
Single speed or variable speed
Depending on your needs and budget, you can have the single speed or variable speed dog clippers. Single speed hair trimmers are suitable for new dog owners and do not heat much during use. You can also find lot of available ones at a cheaper price. Variable speed clippers have many more features compared to the former. You have a large number of options for trimming your dog which is the one that matters in the long run. Having multiple speed clippers gives you more versatility in grooming your dog hence making your dog happier Considering different needs for each type of dog, variable hair trimmers are best if you have various breeds of dogs under your care.
Maintenance type or not
Sometimes it’s frustrating to schedule your grooming and was hindered by a stucked up dog clipper. Most of the hair clippers in the market require oil or grease and you need to buy these additional materials for a long lasting clipper. You have to schedule maintenance from time to time. Failure to do so won’t make your clipper last longer. The good news is that there are already clippers available that are maintenance free, clippers that do not need to be oiled or greased. Of course, its necessary for you to brush off some dust or hairs from time to time. But the overall mechanical parts itself, you don’t have to worry any more of being broke down in the middle of your grooming time. A little bit pricey though.
Detachable blades or not
It is always better to have clippers that have detachable blades in grooming variety of dog breeds. Having this type will avoid cutting your dog due to a dull blade. These types of trimmers are designed for the speedy changing of the blades. Having this type is the better option for a happier dog.
Corded or Cordless
Corded dog clippers are always best if you are doing heavy dog trimming or doing the clipping for an extended period time. Cordless clippers look easier and versatile to use without the wire hanging loosely around you while you trim your dog. But same with other gadgets, they tend to slow down in the long run and may harm your dog. For a safer trimming, opt for the corded type.
Top 4 Best Dog Clippers Available in the Market Today!
Grooming your dog has never been easier and more enjoyable with the maintenance free Andis EasyClip Groom Detachable Blade Clipper. Designed with break resistant housing and contoured to fit your hands, it has detachable blades for ease of cleaning and a powerful rotary motor for heavier coats for all kinds of dog breeds.It has a 12 feet heavy duty cord for an extended grooming time and and ease of movement around your dog. It also includes a variety of combs to complete your package for a happier pet dog grooming experience.
……What customers are saying about the Andis EasyClip Groom Detachable Blade Clipper
- It is pretty quiet and was easy for me to use on my cocker spaniel from the start. I definitely recommend it for beginners. -by Heather
- Best of FIVE we tried – the only one that worked on our Himalayan. Have caution though in buying this clipper – the actual model of the clipper is MBG2 and it comes with a #10 blade. There is a similar clipper whose body is shorter and does not have the curve on the handle that do not get good reviews. -by Y. R. Wu
- Completely impressed. I am a complete amateur but, these are more than expected. Easiest shih-tzu cut I’ve ever done. Quiet enough not to scare my dog. Great! -by Brad Talbert
- I used them on a golden retriever-cocker spaniel mix and they worked fine. I am a happy customer. – Jeffrey Moulton
Wahl Home Pet Lithium Ion Pro Series includes rechargeable clipper, transformer, hard storage case, 4 color guide combs, scissors, blade guard, comb, cleaning oil and cleaning brush for the perfect grooming kit. The Lithium Ion battery powered clipper gives you a more versatile cutting performance with its tug free precision blades. Wahl’s quick charge and up to 2 hour run-time is just perfect for you and your dog. It also includes color combs to easily find your dog’s coat length.
……What customers are saying about the Wahl Home Pet Lithium Ion Pro Series kit
- Good ! Charged quickly , fits well in my hand, not that heavy and is easy on the budget as compared to other brands. -by Crazy for this game
- Best clippers ever! I’m so glad I went with this set. It’s really hard to find a set for cats since everything is advertised for dogs but this one works well on my cat and dog. -by EMartin
- These clippers made it pretty idiot proof which I appreciated exponentially! I love that it’s cordless and the charge lasts a long time.They worked very well and its basically impossible to nick your dog while the guard is on. – by Dogelas
- They cut right through hair the other more expensive clippers literally pass over or get stuck in. Maybe since they’re cordless and allow a wider range of angles and easier motion they seem to clip better but the other issue is cost. I could have almost 3 pairs of these for the price of one of the other brand clippers. Best deal I ever had at Amazon! -by SOBnola
Oster A5 Turbo 2-Speed Professional Animal Clipper at #2 TOP PICK
Oster A5 Turbo 2-Speed Professional Animal Clipper comes with a heavy superior rotary motor that runs at 3000 strokes at low speed and 4000 strokes at high speed. Its silent operation makes your pet always at ease even for grooming in an extended time. Designed for durability and virtually unbreakable, this clipper cuts easily thick furs and coats with its sharp detachable blades.Sharp, powerful, and remarkably quiet, pet groomers cannot live without them!
……What customers are saying about the Oster A5 Turbo 2-Speed Professional Animal Clipper
- These are the absolute best clippers ever. I have a long hair cat that needs clipping every 6 months and she hardly fought the clippers this time. Sharp, powerful, and remarkably quiet. Love them! by Jane
- These are far superior – they cut easy and smooth, they do not wear out, and you can actually sharpen their blades at your local pet stores. by Alekur
- Fantastic! These clippers cut right through matting and knots and leave a nice smooth short-hair finish. by C. Townsend
- I purchased an oster A5 clipper 23 years ago, and used it professionally for 12 years, I still have it, and use it for grooming my own dogs. Oster A5 is a fabulous buy one of my best purchases! – by Janette Merino
Andis AGC Super 2-Speed Professional Animal Clipper is one of the top rated dog clipper in the market. Designed ergonomicaly for a wider grip and a powerful, silent, and cool running motor, this variable high speed hair clipper has detachable blades and long heavy duty cord for more versatility and ease of grooming for any kind of dog breed. Blades with special hardening process and chrome coated ones are available for this clipper to prevent rust and corrosion and to last for years. Dog groomers just loved this hair clipper!
……What customers are saying about the Andis AGC Super 2-speed Professional Animal Clipper
- The difference is between night and day from my previous clippers. Super great! – by T.B.
- It worked great for my long haired German Shepherd dog even without me having any previous clipper training. Me and my dog enjoy it! – by C. Schmidt
- You’ll be totally amazed at how quiet the motor is…quiet enough that my dogs aren’t bothered by it at all. I bought mine at amazon for $60 less than other local stores. – by N. Nick